Saturday, September 27, 2008

SHOTS!!!!!!

...poor Kate getting her 2 month shots. Well, it's hard to believe but our little monkey is 2 months old and you know what that means...SHOTS! I know there's lots of stuff floating around about the possible dangers of vaccines but we decided we'd rather her not get the awful things the shots help prevent. So, on Thursday we took her to her doctor (Dr. Holly Hanson--she's great) to have a check up and 3 shots. I think I must have been terribly nervous (I know Michael was too) because when we left I felt all my muscles relax like I had been very tense. She only cried for about a minute and I really think she handled it much better than we did. However, for the next day she was a little fussy and very sleepy. To keep you updated on how fast she is growing she weighed 10 lbs 7 ounces and was 23 inches long. Here are some pictures of her sleeping (I know she is on her stomach but I promise I checked on her frequently--she just likes to nap that way) the next day. She was so sweet.


.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor kate! i remember when i let the tylenol wear off before giving her the next dose..i will NEVER do that again! i'm happy you survived the first round! PS lydia ALWAYS slept on her tummy, that is the only way she would sleep! and she is alive and well today!
love you guys!
jill

Tiffany said...

oh my goodness she is getting so big! i can't believe it! she is just precious. so grateful for the pics...

Dawn said...

awww don't feel guilty...my girls only slept on their bellies too...needless to say, I never slept much with them in this postion! she'll be fine:)