Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Week



...Amanda's Gallbladder. Why does the body have organs we don't have to use? The appendix, the gallbladder, the brain. Technically the last we need to survive, but I know plenty of people who don't seem to use it. Anyway, Amanda's gallbladder had a major attack during Memorial Day weekend. We were in Oklahoma, and at one point had to take her to an urgent care center. Most attacks last a few hours up to a day or so. Amanda's pain lasted for days. When we came back to Lubbock the doctor said we needed to have it taken out immediately. So, this week Amanda had her gallbladder taken out. Fortunately Amanda's mom was able to come down and help take care of Kate while Amanda recovers.

In other news, Kate went to her first movie--Marmaduke! She LOVED Marmaduke, and ever since we watched it has been asking for "more Marguke." I'm sure we will go see it again soon. The picture below is with the next movie she will probably see--Cats & Dogs. She loves kitty-cats and puppies, so I'm sure we will back at the theatre again later this summer.

No comments: