
...an afternoon MAJOR emergency. Kate and I were hanging out at the house, about to leave so I could take her to Michael so I could go to work. We had to leave a little early so I could stop by the pharmacy to pick up antibiotics for her 3rd sinus infection in 6 weeks. She had x-rays done this morning that revealed it was pretty bad. We are going to try 2 more rounds of medicine (if needed) and then she will go to an ear, nose, and throat specialist.
So the emergency part happened when Kate was playing around on her green chair. I had looked down to check my calendar and heard the worst thump I have ever heard. Kate had gone over the back of the chair and hit her head on the hearth. She was screaming, I was frantic, and there was blood everywhere. I looked at it and decided that we did not need an ambulance so I made a call to Michael's office and somehow they were able to understand me when I said, "It's Amanda, Kate has had an accident." Sweet Gay, who adores Kate, immediately found Michael and he came home to get us. I kept pressure on the wound and got the bleeding under control. I grabbed a few things, made sure the pups had water, gave them a huge handful of treats (not knowing what time we would be back), and went out to the drive way to wait for Michael.
We got the ER quickly (it's only like 2 or 3 miles from the house). They were so amazing at Covenant Children's. They checked her out immediately and told us she was going to be okay but did x-rays (for the second time today) just to make sure. They also put medicine in the wound immediately to make it stop hurting. Poor Michael, who has never been good around blood--especially when it is coming out of one of his girls--passed out during the stitches. They nurses took good care of him too and when he woke up I was holding Kate and the doctor and nurses were gone (with the exception of the nurse taking care of him).
We were home by 6:30 and Kate was back to normal. Seriously. She was climbing (much to our dismay), dancing, and loving on her puppies.


So Kate has started "kissing" her puppies like they kiss her. It's a little gross but she LOVES them.
1 comment:
way to go Mike! :)
soooo happy Kate noggin is okay. and you guys are good too. Kate is such a good baby. (from what i read) :) u guys take care!
Post a Comment