Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kate's Summer Job

...Kate's new summer job as a featured dancer. Last year during my job with Tech's orientation Kate made a lot of appearances at the dinners. She wasn't walking yet. This year she thinks she is the entertainment. I know most of you never get to see Kate with college students, but I cannot stress how comfortable she feels with them. Actually I don't think comfortable is the right word. Maybe more like, finally with her people. Anyway, at the parent and student fajita dinner on Thursday night Kate put on quite a show for her college friends and parents alike. It made the college students smile and dance and the parents nostalgic. Here are some highlights.


Kate texting her college friends to make sure they were going to be at the party.


"Okay, I'm here...where are my people?"


Put me in the fountain Granny. Nobody cares if I get in, and besides, I own this place.


This is how you pose Zach! Your turn.


Yeah, like that!


Daddy, put me down, it's time to dance.


Turn up the music.


My audience has arrived.




It's more difficult than you think. 7,000 students + 8,000 parents + 41 student staff = Herding cats.


C'mon Granny, I'm going with the college students.

No comments: