Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Crenshaw Melon...36 weeks


...registering for an email service through "the baby center." This service tells you the approximate size of your growing baby as compared to fruit and vegetables. The very first email was a lentil bean at 6 weeks. This week, 36 weeks, Kate is now the approximate size of a Crenshaw Melon (see picture--btw, that is a quarter next to the fruit). I myself had no idea what a Crenshaw Melon was, so I went to the food network website, and here is what I learned:


These melons can weigh up to ten pounds and deliver a unique sweet and spicy flavor. They are a hybrid between the casaba and Persian melon with a yellowish skin and salmon colored flesh. Peak season for Crenshaw melons is August through September, with the fruit season beginning in July and ending in October.


It looks like Kate is right in the peak Crenshaw Melon season...who knew?

1 comment:

Abercornucopia said...

I think it'd be funny if they started a weekly email that compared your baby's size to say....office supplies. Make it happen.