
...Kate deciding to be a strong, stubborn girl. I pray to God she stays this strong and stubborn after she's born. No weak girls. You all might have to remind me I prayed for this when she hits the "tween" years.
For those of you that don't know, Amanda is carrying Kate in the breech "pike" position. Which means Kate's head is up instead of down and her feet are touching her face. People have commented that she's practicing to be a gymnast. I have news for them. Have they seen what gymnasts look like? If so, have they seen what Amanda and I look like? If so, then they should know a 6'1" dad and a 5'10" mom don't typically make a 5'0" child. Just saying...
Anyway, since Kate is set to come out butt-first--ouch--the doctor has decided that if she doesn't turn by 37 weeks (July 28th) then she is coming out C-section at 39 weeks on 08-08-08. For a person like Amanda who likes symmetry in all things she couldn't ask for a better birthday. If we were Chinese this would mean exponentially good luck for Kate for the rest of her life, since 8 is the Chinese number for good health and fortune. It's also the start of the summer Olympics, which means when we are awake at 3 a.m. during those first two weeks of Kate's life, we'll have something to watch on television. That my friends is what we call a "silver lining."
Amanda and I are ready and excited to meet Kate. It's strange how this works, but we feel like we know her so well already, even though we haven't actually seen her yet. We look forward to sharing her with all of you. Stay tuned for more...
4 comments:
I' can't wait to meet her!! I will remind you both that you wanted a stuborn girl in a couple of years, I will be your sholder to cry on! ;-) I'm SO EXCITED!!!!
gymnast? psh... no way... swimmer! she already has practice... thats why amanda doesn't float in the pool... because kate wants to be UNDER the water :)
YEAH!!! I'm glad you both decided to start a blog...I can't wait to see all the upcoming pics of your little sweet pea. And yes, 8 is a GREAT number...my in-laws asked us what our new house number was...but it only adds up to 7, guess that means the luck and fortune will run dry...lol
I can't wait to meet Baby Kate!!! Our get-togethers will be sooooo much fun with a new adorable baby girl!! Thank you for creating the blog so I can keep up with Baby Kate's life while you are living so far away. I'm praying that you will move back to Oklahoma, so I can spoil her rotten! I love you both!
Lura Lee
Post a Comment