Monday, August 15, 2011

Tiny Dancer



..Kate's first day of dance class. When I walked in her room this morning the first thing she said was, "Is it time to go to dance class?" Well, it was almost time! She was so excited and in the best mood all the way there. Once there she remained happy, but in a whirl of activity the teacher came and got her and she was off. I didn't really get to reassure her to I would be just outside the door, but I'm doubtful it would have made a difference.

She is taking dance at Talent Plus. The neat thing about the studio is that I have known the people who own it for a long time. Their daughter did pageants with me growing up. It's rare we are able to actually have known someone in town for a long time since we are not from here. It gives me peace of mind knowing the people I am trusting my daughter with. The studio has monitor in the lobby that allows parents to watch the class. I could hear her crying, but could see that she wasn't trying to escape. For the first 30 minutes she didn't move. AT ALL. Then when they changed shoes into their ballet shoes something turned on. She started dancing with excitement. When the class was over she was so excited. In fact, right now she is "napping" but all I hear over the monitor is stuff about dance. She must be telling Boo and Spirit all about it.







Waiting on class to start.



Being led in by the owner. There she goes. She looks so big.

No comments: