Before school. Fresh and ready for the day.
...an early morning. Getting 2 kids ready is definitely more involved than getting 1 ready, especially when an infant is involved. We woke up early, made lunch for Kate and bottles for Jude, then woke the kids up to get them fed and dressed. Well, actually Jude was awake and smiling at us while we got ready. He likes to do that. I like it too.
Dropping off Kate was a breeze, mainly because I knew how much she wanted to be there. She went in and immediately started playing. Then I took Jude to his room. I didn't want to leave at all. However, his sweet teachers and student assistants were so attentive to him that I felt a peace about leaving him. Sarah also sent me an email later in the morning with a picture of him smiling. That always relaxes a mommy.
I stopped in at lunch time to drop off an emergency supply of formula and to get a quick cuddle. He was so happy and had eaten pretty good for them, which was a huge relief. His reflux is still terrible. Ugh. I peeked in on Kate from behind the one-way mirror since it was nap time. She was clearly not napping, but was at least on her nap mat. Lately she wants to rest, but sings for about 2.5 hours. It's a joy to listen to her sing "Jesus Loves Me" over the monitor.
It was finally time to pick up the babies so Michael and I hurried over to the CDRC. Let me just say, Jude has the ladies wrapped around his fingers. He's the man. I was so happy to cuddle him. Kate was on the playground. We met her outside. She was a sweaty mess, but filled with joy. Her teachers reported she had a great day but wanted to know who "Sam" was. I had to inform them that she was actually saying "Sham."
"Who is Sham?" you ask. Well, he is the horse who challenged Secretariat in the race for the Triple Crown. I guess today she decided to be Sham, although on her way home she became "Super-tariat" again. AND then we watched it...AGAIN. We should start saving for her to go to the University of Kentucky and study equine science. Tonight she told Michael she wanted horses when she grew up. She said she wanted "big ones" and to "help them run fast." He then asked her if she wanted to help them feel better to which she replied, "no, just run fast." We have a future Bob Baffert on our hands.
After school...not so fresh. Poor Jude was wiped out and covered his own face with his blanket.
No comments:
Post a Comment