Sunday, August 21, 2011

Funny Girl...Quick Update



...our funny girl. I took this picture of one of Kate's birthday presents, which I forgot to blog about. This is a gift from Kate's school friend Nico. Nico is kind of the boy version of Kate, so they are the best of friends. These two friends spend most of their school days dressed up in "play" clothes--Nico as Spiderman and Kate as a princess. So, this gift was so sweet, because Nico thought of Kate when he saw this.

Back to the funny stuff Kate has said this week.

First, Kate had her 3 year old check-up. When we got into the exam room the nurse wanted her to lay down on the table so she could measure Kate. Kate got upset and started crying because she thought the nurse was going to give her a shot. Her tears were collecting on the cheap, crunchy paper that always gets wadded up when you sit on a doctor's table for long. The nurse left and soon Dr. Holly came in to check Kate out. As soon as Holly started talking Kate cut her off with the following exchange.
Kate: Hey, Dr. Hey, Dr.
Dr.: Yes, Baby Kate, what is it sweet pea?
Kate: Hey, you see that? (pointing at her tears on the paper) Those are my feelings.

Second, we had lunch with our good friends the Hill's after church today. We were eating in a busy Mexican restaurant when Kate announces to the table, and anyone else within listening distance, "Hey, I have a bagina! Hey Kristi, do I have a peanut? Nooooo, I'm being silly, I have a bagina. Bagina, bagina, bagina, bagina."
I was afraid Kristi was going to fall out of her seat drunken co-ed style, because I have never seen her laugh that hard. The rest of us were laughing too hard to ask her to stop, which made Kate laugh and of course, since we were laughing kept her going.

She. Is. Too. Much.

No comments: