Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween and a Donut



...a week of fun, Halloween activity at the Harrington house. From a Tech volleyball game, to carving a pumpkin, to dressing up like a Donut to go trick-or-treating it has been a fun week. Today was the Greek Treat, which is where the Tech fraternities and sororities give out candy at the Greek houses to local kiddos. This year Kate is finally old enough to go trick-or-treating, so we went today and she had a blast. On a scary to her Dad note, college boys looovvvveeee Kate. I recognize she is only 2, but the problem is she loves them back. After boys were giving her two handfuls of candy all day because "she is so cute," we were in the car and out of the blue Kate said, "I like college boys." Yes, she really said that. I exaggerate at times, but this time I'm not playing around--she then talked about college boys all day. Amanda suggested I get a job at an all girls college when Kate turns twelve. Not a bad idea. Texas Womans University, here come the Harringtons!



Kate checking out the inside of a carved pumpkin. We put the trash bag on so she could play in it and help. She liked looking in the pumpkin, but she did want anything to do with the insides.




Hard to believe how big she is getting. It seems like she is changing every day. She is using bigger words, more sentences, and is now way too tall for her 2T jeans.


Honut!!!! Kate loves her Halloween costume. She was playing along with it too. If anyone asked if she liked her costume she would pretend to take a bite out of it. We were shocked how many people were in awe of her costume. Amanda's mom made it and did an awesome job. If she would have been selling them out there today she could have made a fortune selling donut costumes to college students.


She got so much candy her pumpkin was too heavy for her to carry.



Here's a shot with some of my co-workers out at Greek Treat. Kate really loves the people I work with.



Time to take a break and eat some candy.

No comments: