Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sun Worshipper

...Kate's first trip to the beach.  After 24 hours in Hawaii we FINALLY made it to the beach.  At first she had her "inquisitive Kate face" (if you have been around her much you know what we are talking about--she has to really check things out).  But then, well then the sun popped through the clouds and she was hooked.  Our Baby Kate loves the sun (we promise she had on high powered sun block!).  We spent about an hour and a half at the beach putting her toes in the water, sitting on a towel with mommy and daddy, and best of all playing with Granny and Papa.  We aren't sure who was having more fun or who adored who more!  What we do know is that it pooped her out completely (see bottom picture of the stroller ride back to the condo).




3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh how fun! I am so glad yal are having a great time. Those pictures are so sweet. Enjoy the sun and keep sending us updates:)

katie said...

Oh my gosh! I'm SO impressed that you traveled that far with Kate! And that's awesome she traveled that well! That gives me great encouragement for our plane ride with Bennett! I hope you all have an awesome, relaxing time!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Wish I was there with you! I know what you mean about the vowels. Crazy isn't it? Have you tried Manapua yet? It is our fave Hawaiian food. It is a steamed bun with BBQ pork inside. One of Chuck's faves is a laulau, but I don't care for it. It is pork, fish, and a piece of fat, wrapped in a big green leaf.
Lura Lee