Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kate's New Address



...Kate getting a little playhouse and sand & water table for the backyard. She really has not wanted to do much else but play in the yard now. She has always been an outdoorsy girl, but now she wants to be out even more. It might help you to know how much she loved it, because the first time she saw it on Saturday, she had been up all night puking. I know I didn't look this good after the night we had on Friday.

I think parenthood is the ultimate reminder of our place in the world. Friday night Amanda experienced something very few people ever do--graduating with a ph.d.--only to get home late that night, lay down, immediately get up and hold a sick child all night. I was on blanket washing and sheet changing duty, while she was on catching and wearing duty. Sorry for the detail!

Anyway, after all that, and this is how she looked Saturday afternoon seeing her new toy for the first time.







1 comment:

Abercornucopia said...

A bbq and a fireplace? Lucky.