....27 consecutive years of school. Staggering number isn't it? However, since moving to Kentucky (the last 8 years of school) Amanda has been working as a therapist while being in school, making it an even more difficult process. I have always been proud of her determination and drive, and now comes the celebration of all those years of hard work--graduation!
Family and friends made the trek from their necks of the woods to our neck of the flat plains. I know it meant a great deal to Amanda that so many made the trip to see her graduate. Uncle Mike and Aunt Nancy proved that even flying from Austin can be a difficult trip to Lubbock, so we were both so grateful everyone put out the effort to head west!
I have been to a lot of graduation ceremonies in my life, but this was the first time I watched doctoral students receive their hoods. It was meaningful, and Amanda felt like it really honored her time and effort of school to be hooded by her advisor Tom. I am certain Amanda would want to thank each person who has offered you-can-do-its and well-wishes through the years, in addition to all of those who made the trip to see it live this week.
Our row of seats. From closest to furthest--Aunt Nancy, Uncle Mike, Amanda's mom, Nephew Krece, Amanda' brother Jason, Donna's leg, and my dad.

To finish up our group--Bennie and Jamie. Amanda was very happy her friends came all this way to see her graduate!

waving from the crowd
being hooded by Tom while one of the Oak Ridge Boys--I mean our President--looks on
A shot of part of the family...plus Tom.
No comments:
Post a Comment