....Kate becoming increasingly mobile. It officially happened this weekend; we are now the parents of a crawler. There were more of the blurry pictures than good ones now that she doesn't stay in the same place. Yay and oh my. Parenting has introduced me to a whole new world of living paradoxically. It is at once exhausting and exhilarating. It's being happy for a new stage beginning while sad another one has ended. I guess it just comes with the territory. So, she is crawling, pulling herself up, standing on her own (for a few seconds anyway), and trying real hard to walk.
As you can see Kate decided to dress up for Mother's Day. She's so thoughtful. With the bow, the dress, and the shoes she was quite the hit at church this morning. I'm not sure anyone in our section of church heard anything the pastor said. We were all too busy laughing and smiling at Kate. What can I say, she is a funny kid.
During one of the singing parts this morning Amanda stood Kate up in the row of chairs in front of us..holding her hands of course. Well, there were several young girls sitting in front of that row that turned around and started smiling and waving at Kate. She was eating up the attention, but every few seconds would turn her head around and look up at her mommy to make sure she was still there. Then she would go back to playing. I thought about that the rest of the morning and how that was the perfect illustration for Mother's Day. I think we all need someone like that in our lives. That person who is always there to hold our hands when we are trying something new. The person that wants us to succeed, but who makes sure we know she's there if we need her. I hope you all have someone like that in your corner. Maybe it's a best friend or a grandparent or a mentor. Maybe its your wife that believes in you even when you're not so sure you believe in yourself at the moment. Or maybe it's your mom. If it is, make sure you take a moment and tell her what she means to you today.
Happy Mother's Day everybody!
3 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the bow!!!!! So cute!
I really like your hair grown out too Amanda. You have beautiful hair. Happy 1st Mother's Day to you!
Lura Lee
Happy first mothers day! Crawling is such a cute stage! They all are, but there is something about those first few crawls!!!
such a thoughtful post guys! i say get some video up here of her crawling!
Post a Comment