Thursday, February 26, 2009

I know, I know, I know

....everybody being upset with me for not updating in over a week-and-a-half. Kate has officially entered the developmental stage when she knows mommy is not holding her and should be. It's okay when it's just me and her home in the evenings, but if Amanda is home it's mommy time. She also has a new sleeping position where she will only sleep with the blanket on her face. Scary, but she will keep messing with the blanket until it touches her face and then she can go to sleep. So, we check on her more than normal right now, but if we uncover her face, she fixes it right back...not really anything we can do about it. She has also discovered a cartoon--A cartoon, not multiple cartoons. The Backyardigan's is her show of choice, and just the song will make her stop what she's doing and smile. I have to admit, it is an okay cartoon to watch. We are avoiding the very annoying ones on purpose. Well, here are some new pictures from February:

Kate asked that I post this picture of her favorite cartoon characters Austin, Uniqua, Tyrone, Pablo, and Tasha...the Backyardigans.

Kate with Donna

Kate with my Dad

Kate sleeping on Amanda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Backyardigans aren't too bad...there are plenty out there that we avoid too...we only get PBS at home, so Aidan doesn't know about Sponge Bob and all that other junk unless he's somewhere else...cartoons are something else these days...we just got some old DVD's of Fraggle Rock, I loved that one.
Christie Hardy (Ryan)

Anonymous said...

We're your backyard friends, the Backyardigans...! I think it's a great show!!

bsjones7 said...

Caleb loves the backyardigans too! that was his first official cartoon that he watched. I dont let him watch alot of tv, I try and keep him occupied with other things but when he first wakes up I will let him watch a little. Kate is getting so big! She is so cute!!

becky said...

Surely I'm not the only one but Backyardians drive me bananas!! So much so that when we watch cartoons I don't even give it as a choice, even if it's on the guide! It's working for now but she's started sounded everything out so I'm sure my days are numbered before she realizes it's on.

Just for fun, here are our family favs (aka the ones that have passed the annoyance test over the last four years) Curious George (on PBS), Veggie Tales (CJ stops what he's doing and dances when the tuba theme song starts) and School House Rock (that's how we roll).

I love Kate! I want to squeeze her and kiss her and smack that cute little naked heiny!

Miss you guys!