Sunday, January 25, 2009

There She Is...




...Kate watching her first Miss America pageant last night. Her Granny and Papa were here for the weekend and she was adored the whole time. Today I decided to tell her that long, long ago in a land far, far away her mommy was once...gulp...a pageant girl. Although I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, it is so different from the life I lead now sometimes its hard to believe that used to be me (I also wouldn't trade the scholarship money for anything!). One of the cool things about being a former pageant girl is that Kate gets to play with a real crown, not a plastic one from a toy store!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable!
Lura Lee

Anonymous said...

I watched, too, and thought of you the whole time! Especially when Miss Indiana sang "Via de la Rosa!"

Anonymous said...

I think she is very interested....We know she likes glitz because of the way she looks at diamonds......

These are very sweet photos as they all are...

mom