Monday, December 8, 2008

A Famous Moment

...a moment of silence at church yesterday. Before I go any further to tell the rest of this story, take a moment and look at the pictures. What do all of these movies/characters have in common? Let's review...

There's Shrek, the lovable, but gross ogre...

The "dinner" scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (makes me almost throw up thinking about it)...

Elf, where Buddy the Elf downs an entire 3 litre of Coke at once...

And of course, our daughter, Kate...


Figure it out? Let me answer by telling the rest of the story. Yesterday while at church we needed to feed Kate. Which, by the way, is a much faster process than it used to be. About 10 minutes and she's done. Well...she ate during the sermon and finished just as the preacher was wrapping it up. He closed yesterday by asking us to take a few minutes of meditative silence. Everyone went quiet. Except for Kate. She had the "burp heard around the world," or at least the burp that made everyone in a 6 row radius turn and look. It was the loudest burp I've heard from her yet, which is saying something. But who would think a cute little 4 month old could burp that well? I'm assuming not many people, so I can only imagine all those people in the surrounding 6 rows thought it came from me. It didn't help that we and our friends sitting next to us were now fighting back laughter, which was uncontainable and bursting with gasps and snorts. Not exactly reverent, but very, very funny.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww...those are the best moments!

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest story I've heard in a while!! LOL!!
Lura Lee