Monday, June 11, 2012

What's a Petscrat?

...a kitty. Kate was not at my uncle's house any more than 5 minutes when she walked in with a kitty in her arms. We had prepared for this to happen since he usually has lots of cats on his farm. Five minutes, however, was faster than planned. With the cutest look I've ever seen she proudly announced, "This is Petscrat." Yes, Petscrat the cat. When asked why she named it Petscrat she said, "Because she is white and brown." So we thought, naturally. Well, over the next 3 days the love for Petscrat grew and grew. The little kitty even followed her around and came to her when she went out on the patio. It was true love at first sight. Well, we caved. We told Kate she could have her Petscrat for her birthday. That would give the kitty long enough to be ready to leave it's mommy. So, in a few weeks, God help us, we will be going to Arkansas to pick up a farm cat named Petscrat. I'm pretty sure that's just what we needed. Michael telling Kate she could have Petscrat. Can you see the baffled look on his face. He was bamboozled by Kate's sappy eyes. I'm sure it's not the last time she will tilt her head, bat her eyes, and say, "Daddy, can I have ____?" At least this time it was affordable! ***Sophie and Stanley were not consulted on whether or not to get a cat.

No comments: