I am struck by how different the kids are. Kate has always been so independent, even as an infant. Jude, on the other hand, wants mommy in his sight at all times (if not holding him). She always wanted her space to sleep and was/is the easiest child to put to bed. Jude, not so much. It's like you can't breath because it might wake him. Of course, he ends up in our room where shockingly he sleeps wonderfully. I'm pretty sure he could do that in his room, but in the middle of the night we are not motivated to help him learn how to do that. We are for the path of least resistance to sleep at this point. She was able to eat everything and did. I've never seen a better eater for a child than Kate (she's really in to brisket and smoked chicken right now). Jude, however, struggles with solid foods. He loves bananas but is allergic to them. He loves cheerios but they give him horrible gas. The only thing he really loves is applesauce and there are days he has trouble with that. It's not at all frustrating!
I really can't believe how amazingly blessed we are. I have the best little girl in the world and the sweetest baby boy ever. I am so lucky to get to watch them grow and learn each day. I live to hear Kate sing "Jesus Loves Me" or for Jude to get excited when I walk in to a room. I'm one lucky mommy.
Jude at the hospital

Jude at 9 months old dressed up for Valentine's Day
No comments:
Post a Comment