
Now she looks like this! Here she is listening to the audio card from her Ginny and Papa Steve.

Kate made it clear that she wanted cupcakes for her party, but I wanted her to have something on her actual birthday. One day last week I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. She replied, in a very serious tone, "Um, I want a pie!"
A pie? Had she suddenly turned in to her godmother Brandy, who thinks cake is pretentious and wants a wedding pie herself? Of course Brandy was more than proud of Kate's request for a birthday pie.
She loved eating the whip cream off the top of the pie with the candle. When Michael handed her a spoon for her piece of pie she used it to continue eating the topping off the whole pie, rather than just her piece.

Kate is in to dancing. That meant lots of new costumes for her birthday. Mom brought back this little number from Vegas. Kate now wears it every day, and who can blame her?



Jude, who we now lovingly call Judy Booty, was in on the birthday fun too. (I'm sure he will hate us later for the nickname, but oh well!) He loves to watch his big sister and she always makes him smile.

Like Kason, Krece, and Kate, Jude LOVES his Ginny. What's not to love? My mom was the best mom ever, but she is an even better granny.
We have a new fence and it made our yard bigger. We can now use it! Kate has been outside every night and to add to the fun out there she got a new "jump thing" that is just her size. Michael and Papa Steve spent a couple of hours putting it together, but it was well worth the effort.

Okay, so here is one of the highlights of the weekend. Never, I mean NEVER, has my dad played with dolls. He's a good dad, but he has his limits. However, Kate has different ideas. She gives him no choice but to do whatever she tells him to. I LOVE IT! This weekend I saw my dad play with a Barbie, use water colors to paint princesses, and play with My Little Ponies. I'm sure he thinks it's sissy and that's why he has never done it before. I see it differently. It takes a real man to do those things. Way to go Kate! I can't wait for her to dress him up and put make-up on him. You know that day is coming!
I have to say this was one of the best birthday weekends I have ever had. It was so much fun to watch Kate enjoy turning 3. Her party was way better than I could have ever imagined, we got to see my parents, we watched her with her sweet friends, and we completely enjoyed our little girl. We. Are. Blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment