...the day before Jude was born, all of the grandparents started arriving. My Dad and Donna (Papa Ron and Grandma Donna) stayed at a hotel with a pool, so Kate got to do a little swimming. The picture above, Kate and I were having a little talk about Jude coming the next day. Amanda and I have not been nervous about loving another child or how to handle a newborn with Kate at the house. What we have been nervous about is how Kate will react and will she know that we still love her the same even though we have to pay a lot of attention to Jude--especially in those first few weeks. So far, she's been good, but a little stand-offish toward him. She will be okay, and I think we are all looking forward to getting into our routine.
Amanda and me at 5 am in the hospital, getting ready to have Jude!
One last pregnancy silhouette. Amanda was soooo ready to have him out. The worst part of the day for Amanda was getting her IV started. Amanda is a hard stick, and it took 3 different nurses 7 tries of blowing valves to finally get one started. That 7th one finally blew, and the anesthesiologist had to try 3 more times before finally getting the successful one.
The only reason I am posting this picture is because we posted one of Kate like this, so we wanted to be fair. This was the least graphic picture, so I don't think it's too bad. By the way, I was not taking this picture--I had my head by Amanda's buried behind the surgical curtain. Did not want to spend the first few minutes of Jude's life passed out on the floor.
Here he is! He made it into the world on May 20th, 2011, weighing 7 lbs 15.5 oz's, and measuring 21 inches long. The staff in the room loved his name they were singing "Hey Jude" as we headed out to the nursery.
Meeting mommy for the first time before heading to get checked out by the nursery staff! We will be posting pictures of Jude meeting Kate and the rest of the family next.
No comments:
Post a Comment