
...Kate waking up ready to go to Mickey's Castle! The second day was probably my favorite. We were refreshed and ready to go. We spent the entire day at the Magic Kingdom (with the exception of the 3 hours we went back to the resort for Kate to have a nap).
We arrived at the park just in time for a parade. I have to say the parades were Kate's favorite part, and as a result, out favorite part because we got to watch her. It was also fun to watch my parents. I knew my mom would love it, but I wasn't sure how my dad would handle Disney World. After all, there's no John Wayne or WWII history sections. However, it was almost as much fun to watch them watch Kate as it was to watch Kate. They were definitely kids again.


Kate was pretty excited to see the "Foofy!"

Still holding her button!

Kate and my dad on the It's a Small World ride. Let's take a moment and laugh a little to ourselves about how I'm sure my dad would have rather pulled all of his teeth than ride this ride, but because a little girl said, "Come on Papa," he got on. She has him so tightly wrapped it's not even funny, but I love it. Throughout the week the 2 of them were pretty funny. He likes to pick on people, but Kate doesn't really like to be picked on all the time. At one point she would let him have "his turn" picking on her, while another time she said, "Stop talking to me Papa." The girl has some pretty strong boundaries.
Granny got Kate a new horse named Maximus. He is from the movie Tangled. If you've seen the movie you would know how much the horse reminds us of our dog Stanley. Once Max (sometimes she calls him Amos) joined the family he went EVERYWHERE with us. I even had to carry him on the plane on the way home.


If you haven't been to Disney World at Christmas, then it's time you go. In fact, I'm not sure I want to go again unless it's Christmas. The park looks pretty during the day, but at night it's amazing. The castle is truly amazing and changes colors too. On the second night Michael and I had purchased tickets for all of us to attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. If you had tickets you could stay at the park until midnight (of course we didn't stay that long but you had to have tickets to participate in the festivities). Michael and Kate were able to see a great stage show while my parents and I held our place along the parade route. It was truly magical.


No comments:
Post a Comment