(Kate tickling the grizzly bear's paw through the glass at the bear exhibit. Yes, that is the paw of a real grizzly bear who was asleep on the other side of the glass.)
...a trip to the OKC zoo while we were home for Halloween. You might remember from the blog that we went to the zoo over the summer, but with beautiful fall weather we figured the animals would all be out and Kate would actually interact this time. We were correct. The animals were out (I saw the lions for the first time since they built their new enclosure) and Kate was interacting with them, and it seemed like we had the whole zoo to ourselves.
We have never really talked about Boo on the blog, and this seems like as good of a time as any. Boo is Kate's favorite obsession. Her guilty pleasure. Her addiction. Boo is her black bear stuffed animal that goes everywhere with her. And I'm not kidding when I say everywhere. She sleeps with him, carries him around anywhere we go, takes him to school, and has now started eating with him in her high chair. When she has lost him somewhere in the house she walks around calling, "Boo? Boo? Boo?," and then when she finds him, she exclaims "Boo!!!" and hugs him tightly. I have to admit she is pretty darn cute with that bear, but we are worried about the day Boo goes to the stuffed animal farm where he will have lots of room to play with other Boos. How do you explain the death of a stuffed animal to a 15-month old? With eyes as blue as hers? Or the face as innocent and trusting as hers?
I bring up Boo here because when she saw the real black bears at the zoo, she lit up and yelled "Boo!!!" She even held Boo out for the real bears to play with, or maybe so her Boo could go play with the other Boos. Not sure which. I'm starting to think that the explanation of where do stuffed animal Boos go when they are no longer able to hold a stitch might involve the OKC Zoo where we can go and visit. Do you think that would work???
Kate and mommy watching the bears.
Kate watching the bears. Are you getting the idea that Kate enjoyed the bears at the zoo?
Boo!!! Boo!!! Boo!!! Kate holding her Boo while watching the real Boos.
Kate with Boo (and Daddy) at the Gorilla enclosure. Like I said, Boo goes everywhere.
2 comments:
Oh no there can be no death of boo. You must be prepared and not with just 1 backup but two or three. You cannot break that babies heart;)Kristi
Yep, don't worry... I have stuffed animals from toddlerhood to this day! I have gotten really good at stuffed animal surgery so just let me know when Boo needs a stich-up :) He may get mangled but she could probably keep him forever!
Post a Comment