Sunday, October 25, 2009

What's a Week Between Friends?



....our trip to Oklahoma City to see U2 last weekend. It seems like all of our posts have been about a week behind lately, but hey, what's a week between friends right? We don't take many nights away from Baby Kate, but when we do we make them count. The concert was the best one I've ever been to, hands down. We even got to see the Black Eyed Peas, who opened for them that night. I would have never cared to see the Black Eyed Peas in concert, but they were fun and sounded good. U2 was a blast and Bono's voice got stronger and stronger as the night went on. He was every bit the front-man I expected and put on a great show. Here are a few pictures I took that night.

the stage before the concert started. You can see the 360 degree screen (silver) just below the main structure of the "rocket ship." The ship was as tall as OU's football stadium. I would not have wanted to change a light bulb in that thing!


As you can see the screen could also be stretched out during a song--very cool.



Can I be Bono when I grow up?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Awww, what do you mean you don't care for "Boom, Boom, POW"? Ugh, not a fan of the Black Eyed Peas either, U2...YES! Looks like ya'll had a blast:)