Saturday, October 3, 2009

2nd Annual Grandma Debbie Day! part 2



....our Lubbock Team Magnolia teammates (we had 3 not pictured--Candice, who raced with us today, and Kim and Megan who were both out of state today). Of course I can't forget our other teammates who have donated to our race or are racing in Oklahoma City next weekend. Thank you all!

We took so many pictures today we have at least a couple of more posts to go. For Grandma Debbie Day we woke up early, went to the race, ate some chocolate, went to Barnes & Noble and read children's books to Kate, took a nap, ate pizza for dinner, and watched the OU vs. Miami football game. All things, I believe, paid homage to my mom. Maybe the only glaring omission was not reading an Agathe Christie novel. Hercule Peroit anyone? Murder on the Orient Express maybe? Anyway, we had a great day, but I'm getting ahead of myself, because I have more posts to go. So, here is our team just before the race got started...it was low 50's, cloudy, windy, and cold this morning--but we all made the most of it.

Kate, Stephanie, Amanda and me in our team shirts


Zach, Leah--who by the way, came out to race after working a 12 hour shift at the hospital and had to go back tonight; thanks for coming out today (I hope that's how you spell your name Leah!)--and Golden Retriever Remi


Remi's close-up


Kate's new best-friend, Remi...Remi, I hope you're okay with me posting so many photos of you on our blog. Thanks for racing with us today Remi

No comments: