Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pigtails and Tutus


...Kate playing with a tutu and getting her hair done by mommy! On Monday night we were having family dance time (Sophie and Stanley just roll their eyes at us now) and decided to put Kate's tutu on for fun. She enjoyed it and she looked so stinking cute. However, we have come to the conclusion that she is just not a girly girl. Don't get me wrong, she likes to look fabulous, but she's just not the princess type. Even my mom now says that frilly stuff just doesn't look right on her. I agree but the tutu may be an exception. She had fun in it and that is all that matters.

Tonight we decided to take her to her first girls volleyball game at Tech. If you've been around us much you have heard us joke about Kate getting a volleyball scholarship to Stanford. Well if her level of enjoyment tonight is any indication then we might be on the right track. She sat perfectly still for an hour and a half with her eyes intently watching the match. She paid no attention to the cheerleaders right in front of us (although she did see her friend Josh the cheer coach and she ALWAYS loves to see him--he works in Daddy's office). All of the warm-up volleyballs were just to our right and Kate wanted them BAD. She kept saying "ball" and smiling. I don't know much about sports but I think I'm about to learn! I fixed her hair for the game tonight and she had dog ears for the first time. Sooooooo cute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute for words. We all had a laugh at work. Great start to my day. Thanks

Granny

Nobody said...

LOVE the pigtails. :) i can't wait until E's hair is long enough... right now, all we can manage is a beansprout on top of her head. i also love the flowers on the tutu. next time i make E one, i'm gonna have to dress it up a bit like that. :)

Abercornucopia said...

So cute it hurts. Literally, womb aching as I type. I'll take the second photo in an 8X10. K? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW!! LOVE the tutu and the doggy ears!! Too cute!
Lura Lee

Ashley said...

pigtails!!! they are the best. and i think that C is not a girly girl too, how funny!