...loading up our silver sleigh and leaving Oklahoma. I know, we've been back in Texas all week, but I'm a bit behind on posts...so consider this the next chronological step in my blog posting stream of consciousness. Funny, I just started thinking about our family's definition of home. I've always identified myself as an Okie, and still do, but our little family is no longer an Okie dominant crew. We have 2 Okies (Amanda and I), 1 Kentuckian (Sophie), and 2 Texans (Kate and Stanley). Kate's birth happened so fast last year I wasn't able to coordinate having an Oklahoma flag and some red dirt soil in the delivery room. See, that stream of consciousness takes all kinds of twists and turns.
I digress. On the night before our departure we took some pictures of Kate (and the dogs) outside in Amanda's parents' back yard. Here are some of the highlights...
Granny showing Kate her goldfish
Kate now trying to catch one of Granny's goldfish
Kate still trying to catch a goldfish and Sophie hoping she succeeds
Me and the dogs taking one last look at the Oklahoma evening
1 comment:
The people in Oklahoma really miss you all. It is much to quite.
Granny
Post a Comment