Monday, April 6, 2009

Actually, The Last Few Days Weren't So Good


...Kate getting more and more sick as Saturday night progressed. Fearing dehydration and under the direction of the pediatrician we took Kate to the ER. The only comedy of the night (well I guess you could call it that) was provided by me. Earlier in the day I thought I was getting a migraine so I took my medication early so that I could take care of Kate. One of the early signs of a migraine for me is nausea. When we got to the ER my nausea was getting worse but we chalked it up to stress causing the migraine to try to take over. When the doctor finally made it in to see us he asked if anyone else had been sick. As if on cue, I started losing my Cherios all over the place (and by Cherios I mean Thia food). See what I mean by comedy, but in a strange way?  At that point it was agreed that Kate most likely had a virus. After a night of tests (some of which were painful) and a bag of fluids we were finally released to go home. Sunday was better for Kate and Michael took over care so I could sleep off my version of the virus. We thought she was doing better but today she got worse again. So, now she is still on clear fluids and we are praying for tomorrow to be better. Here are a few pictures from today. Even when she is feeling terrible she still can muster a smile.  Michael was able to take some sick time to come home a little early to check on his girls.


3 comments:

bsjones7 said...

Thats crazy, Caleb just got over the same thing, we avoided the ER but not by much...His lasted from Saturday morning until Thursday! I didnt think it would ever end, the puke kept coming, then I got it on Tues but mine only lasted for one day thankfully. Hope she gets better soon, I know how hard it is when babies dont feel good. He didnt eat hardly anything for days just clear liquids, so this week he has spent the whole week eating a TON! I am just glad he's feeling better, hope Kate does soon!

Anonymous said...

I think judging from the first picture - Kate had a headache too....Sweet photos...Granny hopes she is better soon....

Kristi said...

Oh no! I hope Kate is feeling better today. Poor Kate has seemed to frequent that ER this season. We are praying that you all feel better.