Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ahhhh, Austin

....our need to get out of Lubbock for a few days. A trip every now and then to places with trees is good for the soul as well as the eyes. It had been too long since we had visited Amanda's Uncle Mike and Aunt Nancy in Austin, so we took off on Friday into the tree filled loveliness of Texas Hill Country. They have a great condo in downtown Austin that they were gracious enough to let the three of us crash for a couple of nights. I have a feeling that they were more than happy to host us because that meant more time with Kate, but we're not above using our daughter's cuteness!!!!
It was a bit of a whirlwind. We left on Friday at noon, made it to Austin by 7, went shopping in San Marcos all day on Saturday, went to dinner Saturday night, and headed back to Lubbock on Sunday morning. But the quick trip was worth every minute in the car. It was so great to introduce Kate to Uncle Mike, Aunt Nancy, and Sara. Here are a few pictures of our weekend (the up close of Kate shows how happy she was while shopping...uh oh). Apparently Uncle Mike's just look better in beards. We should have taken more pictures, but the trees and hills had us overwhelmed.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think she is starting to look more like Mike? All I could see at first was Amanda. Now I see more of Mike. I'm counting the days until I can hold her!
Lura Lee