Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kindergarten?!?!?!

...our Baby Kate starting kindergarten.  How did that happen?  Our church did a wonderful kindergarten blessing service prior to the start of the school year which only started the water works earlier for me, but it really helped settle Kate's nerves.  It was really special.





















It was finally time for meet the teacher.  Kate was excited and a little nervous.  I was a hot mess, and only a moment's notice away from being curled up in the fetal position and crying.  Once inside the school everyone's nerves started to settle.  Bixby is a wonderful school, even though it is VERY big.  Kate met her teacher, Mrs. McCracken and her teacher's aid, Mrs. Jones.






Kate with Mrs. McCracken

The first day of school came and Kate did great.  She was nervous but bravely went in.  As Michael and I left she didn't fight us.  She sat calmly as one big puppy dog tear rolled down her cheek.  Well, I wish I could say that's all I had.  Heck, I'm crying as I type this almost 5 months later.  I was a mess.  I thought it would be no big deal, but I was not prepared to leave her at school ALL DAY LONG.  Neither was Jude.  He asked to go pick her up about every 15 minutes that day.  Yes, I cried every time he asked.  To make matters worse, while at Sonic they were playing the song I sang to her while I was pregnant with her.  Cue water works again.






I arrived at the school an hour early to wait in the car line.  When it was finally time to get her she came bopping out the door, beaming with pride and joy.  SHE LOVED IT!  She got in the car and told me all about it.  What a relief.  She was so excited to go back the next day.  Wait. What?  We had to do it every day?

She's still loving it and picking her up is my favorite thing on earth.  I eventually quit crying, although I still have a rough day here and there.  Watching her grow up is magical and painful all at the same time.

No comments: