Monday, June 24, 2013

Finally...Jude's Birthday

 ...taking WAY TOO LONG to post about Jude's birthday.  It was a wonderful party.  His party was a fishing party and it was a big hit.  I've never seen so many dads show up to a kids party.  I guess the allure of getting to go fishing brought them out.  However, I had to teach some of them how to cast.  Michael was pretty proud that his wife was teaching grown men how to cast a line.  It was a good moment for him.

I digress...I actually made the cupcakes and the cake.  I hadn't planned on it, but Kate overheard a mom at school talking about making all her kids cakes and played the guilt card.  I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.



 Kate decided mid-way through the party to put on dance clothes because I guess she thought she would be putting on a show.  I'm sure Bella would have joined in!


 I think he likes his cake!  Isn't he cute?
 All the little kids were waiting so patiently for their cupcakes.

 Daddy and Jude opening the first present...it was a T-ball set
 It wouldn't be a party without Ian.  We are so blessed to have the Kendrick's in our lives and are thrilled that they drove from Arkansas to be at Jude's party.
 Harper is from church.  They are buds
 Reagan is also from church...another one of his ladies
 Reagan's mom made Jude this amazing pillow.  We share it.
 Me, Michael, and mom actually made this game for the kids to play.  It was huge hit. Each kid got to take home a pole and a fish.



 It was all good until the backlash
 Way to go Jessie!  She's our neighbor.
 Whoa...the kids finally got a Jeep!
 Best buddies fishing....errrr banging their poles in the water.
 I think Jude liked the party
 A view of our friends fishing
And then he rode away with Harper by his side.

No comments: