...Kate loving to add "wah, wah" after jokes or when something doesn't go as planned. Well, tonight we had a "wah, wah." We have been planning a trip with my parents to California for months. Not only are we going to Disneyland, but the kids' godmothers, Brandy and Steph, are also going to meet us there. I've been amazed at my ability to keep this a secret. If you know me, you know that keeping secrets about surprises is next to impossible. Well, I proved everyone wrong. I have not told Kate about our trip to Cali for 4 months. So, on the the "wah, wah" part. When I picked Kate up from school today she was visibly ill. The teacher said she coughed non-stop all day and shortly before pick-up had began to cry. She was weak and seemed to be having trouble breathing. When we got to the car she started coughing so hard she was throwing up. I decided she might be having an asthma attack to I called Michael. We could not get in touch with our pediatrician so we decided to take her to the ER where we learned she had a high fever which was causing the breathing issues. Now to understand why this was so frustrating you must know that Jude has also been very ill, but had finally took a turn for the better today. A doctor at an un-named pediatric urgent care gave him the wrong dosage of steroids which caused him to have a dangerously low body temperature on Sunday evening (2 a.m. to be exact). We finally had him on the mend, until next Friday when he finally is having his adenoids out and tubes put in, and now Kate is sick. Don't these kids know we are supposed to leave for California in 1 day? Oh wait...they don't. We decided it would make Kate feel better if we told her. Well, she is excited, but it wasn't the "bouncing off the walls" reaction for which we had hoped. Nevertheless, she is excited on the inside.
Hardy Heads
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment