Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recent Harrington Happenings

...being a little too busy to blog these days! We can both say with confidence that having the second child is way easier than having the first child, but having two children at the same time keeps us running.

We've had a few things going on we wanted to talk about. The first, is Michael's work threw us an amazing shower for Jude. It was so nice and we were so thankful that they wanted to do that for us. His office has watched Kate grow up and she loves them back. We were a little worried how Kate would react to Jude having a party thrown by her people. She was so excited to go to the party but kept thinking it was her birthday party. When we walked in everyone was already waiting for us, and Kate came in and said "Yay, it's my birthday!" Michael's office being very aware of what was happening, didn't miss a beat and all said, "Yay Kate, Happy Birthday!" Whew. It was a great moment.

Here's a picture from Jude's shower..I mean Kate's birthday party.



Kate has been doing really good with Jude and she has been helping more and more lately. Last night was a meltdown of biblical proportions (for Kate anyway), but for the most part she is adjusting well.



One day last week Kate and I had a visit from friends! Angie is a good friend of mine here in Lubbock and her daughter Hannah and Kate are in the same class at Tech. They play so well together and lately when they've hung out together they spend the whole time playing in each other's rooms. They are growing up so fast! Hannah is a sweet little girl, and it was great for me to have some adult conversation that didn't involve me being a therapist. Angie and her husband also have a new little boy, so it is funny that both of our kids will be able to play with both of their kids as we all get older. How cute are they?



Where are the pictures of the new baby you ask? Here you go. See, we take pictures of him too. Michael, Kate, and Jude...I love these three people!



Kate's new haircut.




Awww, my little guy. I love him so much. It is amazing how addicted to him I am. I could literally hold him for hours. In fact, I think I will go grab him now. Bye!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

oh my goodness...angie's baby is no longer a baby!!! and looks SO much like them both! please give a hello for me.

and i love her haircut! she rocks those bangs! xoxo