All our children=chaos
...getting a little behind in our blogging. I guess we have had a few new things to adjust to with the new kid and all. To add to the chaos we are also having our fence re-built. That means we now have to take the pups out on a leash any time they need to potty so when home alone I get to figure out how to do that with a newborn and preschooler! The new fence will be great, though, because we are expanding our yard a little bit. We have a very small yard that has not really been user friendly. Now it will be and we are excited to be able to play out there with Kate.
Lots of you have asked how Kate is doing with having a little brother. Overall I would say she is doing pretty well considering she has been our world since she was born and is now having to share our attention. She LOVES Jude, but does not love it when I am holding him. We have had some tear-filled conversations about her feelings. My heart breaks for her because she is sad, but I know she will one day be glad to have a sibling. Of course, you would have to ask my brother if he ever adjusted to having me as a little sis! I'm just hoping older siblings are eventually thankful for their younger counterparts.
We have had lots of picture opportunities over the past couple of weeks. I continue to be smitten with my little guy. It is so much easier this time. I think it is because I've done it before, and because he is not as small as Kate was. She just seemed so fragile. I know now there is nothing fragile about that little girl! She's as tough as nails and plays hard enough to prove it on a daily basis. Jude is doing well. He sleeps good, although he has had some belly aches lately. We will eventually get him on the right formula to help his little belly. Okay, okay, I realize most of you don't really care about the actual writing on the blog so I'll just post the pictures now!

Dr. Kate doing a well-baby exam on Jude

So she may be ready to win Miss America. Look at that pose!
My mom made Jude's bedding and he loves it. He gets so cozy in his bed.
Kate has been more interested in potty training lately, although she is not quite there. At least we can get her to put on big girl panties now!
Just hanging out with some friends.

Kate wanted Jude to have his lovie in his bed with him. This is how I found him. It cracked me up.

Yes, when she does this she gets what she wants.
Look out!
As Michael mentioned, Steph came to visit after Jude was born. We have asked her to be his godmother. She is one of the kindest people we know and are honored to have her as part of our family. She and Brandy, Kate's godmother, are very special to us and we miss them so much. For those of you who don't know Steph, "TT," she and I went to Tech together. She lives in San Diego now where she is a therapist on a naval base. We are so blessed to have her in our lives and know she will pray for and love Jude as he grows up.
No comments:
Post a Comment