...a home football game against Texas this weekend. Even if you don't have tickets to the game there are a lot of fun things to do on a game day. I was working the game this weekend so the girls and Amanda's parents came out to the pre-game things before I headed down to the field for the game itself. While the outcome was not in Tech's favor, it was still a fun afternoon (the 4th quarter...not so much fun).
Kate loves the band so much, that for the past few days we have to play the fight song in our van anytime we are going anywhere. All the time. I had the cd in our van that we mailed out to all of the orientation students this summer with a lot of different songs connected to Lubbock, and the fight song is on it. She loves to dance to it when it comes on tv, so I made the mistake of playing it for her one day in the car. She now asks for it as soon as we get in the van, and whenever it stops playing will beg, "again, again, please daddy." By the time the game rolled around on Saturday night I was tired of hearing the fight song. We really try not to push Tech stuff on her at home, because well, she's only two and hasn't had a real chance to make up her own mind about it yet. But since she is at my work and on campus a lot she really doesn't have a choice for a while, which seems fine to her. She loves, as she says it, "Tesas Tech, feetball, and Waider Wed." I love that kid.
Kate having fun before the "Raider Walk," where the band and spirit squads lead in the coaches and football team from the baseball stadium about 1/4 mile to the football training facility.


Kate in front of the Double T marking the south endzone of the stadium.

Tech's new coach, Tommy Tubberville.

The cheer squad walking through the band during the Raider Walk.

Spirit squads warming up. Kate was watching this practice intently.

After watching the cheerleaders for a while, Kate started patting my head and saying, "Daddy, head, Kate, cheerleader." I finally figured out what she was trying to say and put her on my shoulders. She stayed there for the rest of the time during warm-ups saying, "I cheerleading Daddy."

A family shot before the game started.
No comments:
Post a Comment