Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Homa, Fiday, Color with Papa?"

...realizing we can no longer tell Kate anything. At the beginning of the week last week I made the mistake of telling Kate that on Friday we would take a quick trip to Oklahoma. Well, EVERY day she woke up and said, "Fiday?" Each day I patiently told her it was not Friday yet. She also stated over and over she wanted to color with Papa Teve (mom and dad had just been here and she made her Papa color with her the whole time...I've never seen my dad color...EVER).

Well, Friday finally arrived and, again, I made the mistake of telling her it was Friday. However, I had several errands to run and her daddy had to go to work for a bit. She cried ALL morning. We were eventually able to get in the car and make the drive home. We planned for her to have her nap in the car and she did, but only for 45 minutes. She was awake entertaining herself the remaining 5 hours and 15 minutes. She is so amazing at traveling, but we have learned NOT to tell her she will be traveling until the last minute. I have already made the mistake of telling her we are going to Florida in December. Just today she said, "Mommy, go beach, go to Foda." Help me!

On Saturday morning we took Mom and Kate to Build A Bear. Here are some pictures of the experience which proved to be a little overwhelming for Kate, but Bunny Foo Foo is now a permanent member of our family.




No comments: