Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Big Girl



...Kate changing by the second. We went to Cracker Barrel a little over a week ago and to our surprise Kate started feeding herself with a fork. The next day we took some pictures of her doing it. It was totally out of the blue to us but I think she learned to do it at school.
Speaking of school...she LOVES it with her whole being. The first day was hard for me but after seeing how much she loves it I am now at peace with it. She sometimes cries when Michael picks her up because she is having so much fun playing. They spend a lot of time out on the portico and evidently it is her favorite place on earth. She's even making friends. We are truly blessed to have the chance to send Kate to such an amazing school. It was worth being on the waiting list so long (we got on the list when I was 6 weeks pregnant!).
Each day I am amazed at what she is doing. She can now say a bunch of words including ball, Bubba (that's what we call Stanley), bye bye, Papa, Momma, Daddy, Quack, Duck, and Granny! She's also using the sign language she is learning at school. For some reason today I am especially thankful to be her mommy. She is truly a miracle. I hope I get the chance to have more kiddos but if Kate is the only one I am blessed with then I at least know I got the creme of the crop!

No comments: