...the sun officially setting on our vacation (above picture is Canyon Lake, and this was the view from the parking lot of the condo we stayed in). We left Hill Country and drove back to the flat plains of Lubbock. Luckily we had a weekend to get unpacked and resettled before we started back to work today. It was a great weather weekend in Lubbock as it rained and never got above 70 degrees. I believe that's what people in other parts of America call "Fall." I think I remember that season from Kentucky. I did some research on google and apparently "Fall" or "Autumn" as it is also called is an actual season between the hot summer and the cold winter. Or, as our seasons in Lubbock are called, "Drought" and "Blizzard."
When we got back in town Kate had a present waiting from Aunt Kaci, which is the cute Pistol Pete shirt she's wearing below. I hope letting a natural born citizen of the state of Texas wear this shirt on OSU's game day wasn't the reason Houston won Saturday. In more Kate news, she has now started feeding herself with a fork, saying "quack" when she sees a duck or picture of a duck, and dancing for the fun of it. This is such a great age, we are having a blast watching her change each day. We wish we could keep her like this for a long time!
Here are some pics from the weekend...
this pose is what happens when you tell her "Guns Up," but I suppose it works for "Pistols Firin'" too.
2 comments:
DONT REALLY KNOW WHO PISTOL PETE IS, BUT IT SURE IS A CUTE SHIRT! IM GUESSING IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH OK?
pistols firin, i'm getting used to it too. too cute. happy you had a nice vacation!
Post a Comment