...our trip to the hospital's weight clinic today. The hospital provides a free clinic every Monday for new parents to have their babies weighed to make sure they are gaining properly). The good news is that she is healthy and now weighs 7 pounds, 10 ounces. She's gained a little over 2 pounds since she was born 5 weeks ago. Her little cheeks are starting to fill out and she's developing quite a personality! She's lifting her head and looking around and she actually reached for me the other day while her daddy was holding her (he didn't like it but I thought it felt good!).
The part I'm struggling with, and I'm sure every parent will understand, is that she is growing and changing so fast. I already miss the tiny little baby I brought home from the hospital. I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute. Don't get me wrong, I want to see her grow and become a dynamic young woman, but not so quickly. So for now I am going to cuddle her and cherish the little things. I'm sad it's going so quickly but I'm so excited for what is to come.
1 comment:
It does go by so quickly, my baby is now 4! While it is sad they grow up so fast, you will adore the stages to come. One of my favorites is crawling. Then they can scooch as fast as they can just to get to you. It melts my heart!!
Post a Comment