...Kate and her affinity for her brother Jude. We have had some rough, and I mean rough, days with Kate over the past week. We think it has something to do with a growth spurt and the uncertainty of moving. She is going to figure out that moving to where we are going is a good thing for her, but it is going to take some time I think. That said, Kate really loves her little brother Jude and she is so good with him. We are thankful and hopeful it will last.
We have some good news about Jude--he is finally eating good and feeling so much better! It is amazing how happy he is now that he is able to eat a full serving, which he has never done. He is eating his formula and baby food now, and it is great to see him doing so well. Now he is really going to grow!
The biggest thing we are going to miss about Lubbock are the friends we have all made. We don't have a lot of friends left here, but the ones we do have we will all miss tremendously. Below is a picture of Kate and her friend Izzy. Izzy's mom is Amanda's hairdresser and long-time friend here in Lubbock. These girls are only a couple of weeks apart, and we actually have a picture on the blog of them when they were only a few weeks old. They are so grown up looking now!

Sadly, my Grandpa (my mom's dad) died a couple of weeks ago, and we went back for the funeral. Why is it that funerals seem like the only time we really get to see all of our relatives? It was so good to see everybody, despite the circumstances--I just wish my Grandpa was there to be in the middle of all of it like normal. We are really going to miss him. This is my great-aunt Maxine. I have always loved Maxine and my parents used to fly me to San Antonio for a week during the summers as a kid to spend time with her. She is in her 90's. She looks amazing for 60, let alone 90! She has lived such a neat life--I wish I knew more of her stories. She got some good one-on-one time with Jude, her great-great-nephew.

Kate also adores Maxine.
After a long weekend (this was also the trip Amanda and I drove to Tulsa the day before the funeral and I interviewed for the TU job) it was nice to unwind on "the farm." Jude spent a lot of time swinging with Grandma Donna while Kate curled up under a quilt and watched movies with Papa Ron. It is strange (and very, very exciting) to think we only have one more round-trip from Lubbock to Choctaw and for this weekend. Wish us luck as we try to find a house to buy in Tulsa!

No comments:
Post a Comment