Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back Online or White Christmas...Eve



....me, forgetting to pack the computer power cord. Normally that wouldn't be such a big deal, but since we had a major blizzard the morning after we arrived we were snowed in for several days with no way to update the blog (or, more importantly for Amanda, to work on a dissertation). Thankfully, our sister-in-law Kaci came through for us and swung by the Apple store on the way over for the family Christmas yesterday.

After deleting all the bad photos and/or pictures I wasn't crazy about, I have about 250 I need to edit now. So, I thought I would just start with a few from Christmas Eve. Oklahoma City was in full-on blizzard mode from about 8 a.m. through 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve, and recorded the largest single day snow fall in state history at 14 inches! It has now been 5 days and the roads are still ice packed in places...and we are supposed to get more tomorrow.

The picture above was from the morning, not long after the snow started. This picture was shortly after dark, but by the time it actually stopped snowing the porch was under a 4 foot high snow drift--the bushes and lights in this picture were no longer visible after 10 o'clock that night.


Kate knew what to do with presents this year, and she was so excited to get to them. We were going to open some on Christmas Eve, but it took Amanda's Dad over 5 hours to get home from work due to the blizzard (he works about 15 miles from home), so we waited until Christmas morning.


I thought this silhouette of her was neat.


Putting together toys for Christmas morning. Not Santa's gifts of course, he would bring those himself later in the night.

No comments: